This body of work titled "Riveting Dicks" is an exploration of industrial fabrication and the connections that I have made between objects and desire. Through the utilization of ready-made assemblage, repetitive mark making and color, I have produced a collection of studies that illustrate the duality between an inviting tactility and a mechanical austere. Aside from the conventional painting materials and processes, these objects are comprised of the detritus of industry and commercialism. My intent with these works, is to induce a viewer to contemplate what makes a manufactured product appealing.
Image List from Top to Bottom:
1. "Mohegan Sun", oil, acrylic and tape on maple, 27.5 x 22 in
2. "Ooze", acrylic, liquid latex and an air hose connector on panel, 9 x 6 in
3. "Leak", oil, liquid latex, and a Romex connector on panel, 10 x 5.5 in
4. "Right", acrylic and tape on maple, 28 x 32 in
5. "Tru-Flate", acrylic, oil, liquid latex, PSI tire gauge bleeder valve and flow control valve on panel, 9 x 6 in
6. "Saddle", oil, spray paint and copper pipe saddles on panel, 6 x 6 in